21 Weeks
Its a Girl! The excitement cannot be contained! When the ultrasound tech told us for sure I got so emotional that my mascara ran into my eye and I could hardly watch the rest of the ultrasound :) And to my excitement at week 17 she announced herself by doing some gymnastics that I could no longer mistake for gas! She gets the hiccups all the time which I secretly love, a thumbsucker like I was, and she loves to snuggle right on top of my bladder. This pregnancy finally feels like its real! And I already love her so much! So much that Ive forgotten my 4 1/2 months of misery. Its been so fun to see Blakes excitement. after 2 years of stifling excitement weve busted out and already bought a few things and tackled some furniture projects.
And I almost forgot, Blake had an ingenious and completely hilarious way to announce the gender to our parents, (or as my mom said "its sexual orientation" lol). We filled two Sobe bottles with jello and let it harden. Our parents had to dig through the jello to find the paper at the bottom that they thought had the answer! When they finally reached the bottom (by using knives and banging it on the sink for 30 min) it was an invitation to our house. Upon arrival we had an ice cream cake and balloons saying Its a Girl! With all the ruckus we caused youd have thought we had already had her home with us :)
For now though, I enjoy everyday that I have her all to myself.






9 comments:
I loved, loved, loved having a girl first - they are so much fun to shop for and I admit I went a little crazy. Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys!
Congrats!! Girls are so fun! The close and hairdo's are so cute then as they get older you have ballet and get to watch them be little mommies to their babies!
HOW EXCITING! I hope she has curly hair like you! I saw you in the Babies R Us parking lot as you were getting into your car. I yelled our name but you didnt hear. I am so excited for you two! It is so fun getting ready for a baby! It is even better when you get to bring her home!
yay! you look beautiful with your cute little bump!
Oh my gosh! Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!
Way to go! I'm excited for you guys! Girls are amazing. She'll have Blake wrapped around her finger. It's truly humbling knowing Heavenly Father is letting you take care of his precious children.
so excited for you. kids are so much fun, and so much work. lol girls are so cute and fun because of all the pink, purple, glitter, bows, flowers, ruffles, lace, etc. have a blast shopping for your new addition. congrats!
Hooray! So fun! Either way it'd be fun, but congrats on the little girl! She will be adorable!
Congrats on the GIRL Katie!! And let the shopping begin! :)
Post a Comment