Sunday, May 3, 2009

Its 5 O'clock Somewhere...

So, I most certainly dont consider myself a good cook, but for the past few weeks I have found myself addicted to Food Network (sorta have the hots for Bobby Flay, grrr) and ol' reliable Rachel Ray!
As I have been fascinated with some new recipies, I couldnt help but notice what almost EVERY cook makes at the end of the show... The Infamous Cocktail. Now, I dont drink, but after watching episode after episode of these fruity, flavorfilled delicious cocktails, I thought to myself, why should alcoholics get all the fun? (heh, not really... I dont consider looking like an idiot and barfing my guts out fun) but I decided, we drink juice dont we? why not be adventurous and spice boring juice up a bit by creating a simple regular old juice and fruit, no alchohol cocktail?

And so here it is! After finding a good recipe, I made this delicious virgin cocktail, or more properly named, Abstinence On The Beach! It was amAZingly tasty, and it was pure fruit and sugar, lol!
Blake won some martini glasses at his Direct TV convention, but I dont recommend using them because A) they hardly hold any juice, and B) You might give your family/friends a heart attack if they see you guzzling juice out of them!
This drink was SOOO good, and easy to make, and because its alcohol free you can enjoy as much as you want! You can find everything you need at the grocery store.
To make a whole pitcher full:
2 cups cranberry juice
2 cups Orange Juice
1 Cup Peach nectar (in juice aisle)
3 tbsp Grenadine syrup (you know, the cherry stuff)
add ice and enjoy!
To make it extra fun, wet the mouth of your glass and dip it in sugar, garnish with a pineapple wedge.


And what better to go with yummy juice than a yummy dinner? I dont think I have ever posted a recipe, mostly because I like to cook with all fresh ingredients and really healthy so my meals tend to be a little more expensive...
But I found a dinner that is easy, pocket-friendly, time friendly, figure friendly and best of all taste-bud friendly!

Teriyaki chicken Lettuce wraps
cut 3-4 chix breasts to bite size
brown in pan with 2 tbsp evoo about 5 min (med-hi)
add 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
add 2 tbsp brown sugar
cont cook 2 min (med-hi)
Serve with iceberg lettuce cups (peeled from a head of lettuce)
and chopped carrots and zuchini. Voila!!!!
The yeild is 4 servings, but this meal was so darn good it only fed the two of us!!!
Super delicioso!!!

Its 5 o'clock Somewhere!!!
I think Blake likes my cooking (:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm those look so good.. now i want one. in a cute margarita glass too !